NTLK Newton Internet probs

From: Andrew Matthews (ranzovin@longlivethemac.com)
Date: Sun Sep 10 2000 - 04:45:41 CDT

I'm afraid this is rather vague, but I have been completely unable to connect to the Internet on my Newton. The Newton recognizes the modem, the modem works, all the settings are in place, I have a
webbrowser (Newt's Cape), and when I hit the "go to" button a "Connect to Internet" message pops up, but when I hit "Dial" nothing happens. No sound from the modem, no activity in Newt's Cape, nothing.
I've got a MessagePad 130 and a 56k PC Card modem.
Like I said, the modem works; I tested it yesterday in a laptop computer. One more problem, though; what "type" of modem should I select in the
Modem prefs dialogue? I have Newton Basic selected (as was recommended elesewhere), so....
In any case, the modem is a 3Com Megahertz 56k Global Modem PC card, model name 3CCM156 B. Any ideas?

Free, fast e-mail accessible anytime, anywhere http://www.imaginemail.com