Re: NTLK screen dim & hum

From: Kenny Song (kensong@pc.jaring.my)
Date: Sun Sep 10 2000 - 02:02:06 CDT

On Sat, 9 Sep 2000 John Mark Davis wrote:

-----------
>> Next time I have one of my Newtons apart, I'll check the electrical drive
>> characteristics of the backlight and look for a suitable replacement.
>
>Thanks Alex. This is excellent information. If this could eventually
>develop into a tutorial on how someone can replace their dimming backlight,
>this could be an invaluable resource to the Newton community.
I was dissappointed about the white backlight replacement that was mentioned a while back not seeing the light of day. It would indeed be a comforting thought that the backlight can be replaced. Meanwhile, I'm conserving my backlight as much as I can.

Bedside lamp. Sleep configured to off backlight after 15 secs etc. Anyone have any idea if the roll over at 3.00am follows the Sleep setting or is it done with max power saving?

Kenny Song
<Sent with Newton MP2100/SimpleMail/4.1.2>