Re: NTLK pocket quicken

From: Bill Davis (newton@ecity.net)
Date: Sat Sep 09 2000 - 23:04:14 CDT

On 9/9/00 12:11 PM, Jason M. Smith [mailto:smithja@cs.unc.edu] wrote:

>>Charles -
>>
>>If you can't get it to work, you might want to try converting to
>>Catamount's PocketMoney (www.catamount.com). It has utilities to read
>>PocketQuicken's data and convert it to it's own format, and to upload
>>data to the Mac using AppleTalk, last I checked. It's also more
>>powerful (although the user interface is not as nice.)
>
> Before I go dl, install, and test PocketMoney, perhaps you
>could tell me this... when I first tried PocketQuicken, I was *very*
>dissappointed to find out that the Categories didn't sync... I have a
>large number of custom categories that I've set up in Quicken over
>the past few years, and I couldn't get them sync'd into the MP. Or,
>if I entered them in the MP, they were lost en route to Quicken.
>
> Can PocketMoney handle this?

Sorry, I can't tell you. I don't use it myself. I looked at it once
long ago, but since I already owned Pocket Quicken, I didn't switch. I
do own some of his other stuff, though.

What version did you try and how long ago? Perhaps he upgraded it? I'd
ask Hardy Macia (the author) and find out.

 -Bill

 \\ /, "Ink Different" at Info-Newt, the site for Newton PDAs
`( Info-Newt Newton news & info web site: http://www.info-newt.com/
  \ Newton FTP Software archive: ftp://ftp.info-newt.com/
   = GOT A NEWTON QUESTION? Visit: http://www.info-newt.com/faq/