NTLK self-erasing newton

From: gopi@sloth.org
Date: Sat Sep 09 2000 - 15:54:37 CDT

Hi,

My mp2100 is unhappy. It is unhealthy. It is erasing itself very, very
frequently. More than once a week it will do something weird. Sometimes
it crashes and on reboot it's at the "welcome to newton" area. There is
little to any consistency in terms of apps that I have on it. This has
happened with the same apps I used for three years on an upgraded 2000
with no problems at all.

Anyboyd have any thoughts? I am hesitant to send it to Apple to attempt to
get them to replace its motherboard for $190 after my last, umm,
"issues" there. Apple recently contracted this work out to a third party,
and there have been some, umm, "teething troubles". I described the state
of my returned 2000 to the apple customer relations person, and she
commented "it sounds like kindergartners were working on it". I would at
least expect them to properly close the case...

gopi.