Re: NTLK screen dim & hum

From: Khaled Tewfik (khaledt@earthlink.net)
Date: Sat Sep 09 2000 - 00:09:06 CDT

On Tue, Sep 5, 2000 J. Miller wrote:

-----------
>> notice now that the screen to my 2100 is dimmer than the 2000.

Yeh. I will second that. I have used an MP2000 since April 1997, and got it upgraded to 2100 some time in 1998. I got another brand new MP 2000 by late 1999, and noticed the back lite on the new 2000 brighter than that on my almost 3 year, heavily used, MP 2100. Considering the bad shape of the screen of my original MP, I ended up swaping the upgraded mother board to the chasis of the new MP2000 and its new screen. To my surprise the new screen with the 2100 mother board was again dimmer.

Recently I visited a friend who has a 3 years old MP 2000, his screen was clearly brighter than my 8 months MP2100 screen, go figure.

Dr. Khaled Tewfik

Sent from an Apple Newton Message Pad 2100.