RE: NTLK Washington DC area Newton get-together

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Sep 08 2000 - 19:31:45 CDT

The only thing I can think of is I work for UUNET, we
have a service (it's free) that is called videolink.
What this does is that two or more groups of people go
to several different world wide distributed videolink
locations, then they can video conference.
I've never used it and I know nothing else about it.
It's just one of the services that my company
offers...
I don't know if this URL is available to anyone
outside my intranet, but try it and see if there is a
videolink in your area:
http://videosystems.wcomnet.com/roomlocator.htm
Otherwise, let me know...I don't know what kind of
time frame this needs or anything else...quite
honestly, since I've never done this before, I'm not
even sure of it's viablilty
Ed
web/gadget guru

--- "Filmer, Paul E" <pfilmer@nsf.gov> wrote:
> 'specially if you took the Concorde...
>
> Any ideas on how to net-conference this? I'm not
> quite that net-savvy as to
> attempt that.
>
> Paul F.

=====
this is a temporary sig file until I can figure out a more clever one to use

http://mail.yahoo.com/