Re: NTLK Printing Envelopes?

From: Robert Benschop (robertbenschop@bigfoot.com)
Date: Fri Sep 08 2000 - 13:20:58 CDT

on 08-09-2000 5:22, Paul Butler at butler@mac.com wrote:

> What package do I need in order to print envelopes from the Names on my
> MP2100 ?
> I'm assuming that there exists such a beast?

'This is the README file for PrintEnv 1.0.

I've always thought that it was strange that you can compose
and print a standard business letter with your Newton, but when
it comes time to create the envelope, you are left with no way
to print in landscape (sideways) printer mode. Thus you have to
hand write the envelope (ugh). PrintEnv addresses this problem.
As you will see, it simply displays a small window in which you
write the name and address of the person receiving the letter,
and prints a standard business envelope when you tap "Print".'

Don't know if this is what your looking for, other wise you might want to
try Mailing Labels from standalone.com

> I recently did a hard reset and restore of all but System Info and I now am
> unable to freeze packages. Before this I could select a pkg and freeze using
> the routing button. I thought that it was a feature of Dashboard, which i do
> have installed. I didn't remove any pkgs so where did I get the freeze
> feature and why is it now gone?

Don't know if Dashboard can actually activate freezing somewhere in it's
prefs (don't use DB myself) but on standalone.com you can also find Freeze
Utilities, elegant bit of freezing software and freeware too.

Robert, Brigitte, Jesse en Tim