Re: NTLK HOW: NCU failing with error -43

From: Jason M. Smith (smithja@cs.unc.edu)
Date: Fri Sep 08 2000 - 07:24:10 CDT

>"Jason M. Smith" wrote:
>> And that would give a 'file not found' error?
>Doesn't it just create a new prefs file with sort of standard settings?

        That's what you'd think, but the file *was* there, it was
just corrupted.

        Misleading error messages are worse than no error messages. :P

        If the app had just silently died, I would have immediate
tried moving the prefs file, but because it was saying file not
found, I was trying to establish what file had been removed that it
needed. Grrrr...

> > I'll try the prefs file move tonight. Thanks.
>And may be you can check your HD free space. I unsharply remember for
>this nasty sudden -43 to be associated with less than the backup file
>size free HD space.

        Hmmmm... 6.4GB free. I don't think that's the problem. :)

        It was indeed a corrupt prefs file, and I am now able to
backup successfully.

        I'm also able to synch with a Claris Organizer 2.0 file now.

        Thanks all!

--
Jason Smith						353 Sitterson Hall
smithja@cs.unc.edu					    (919) 962-1821