Re: NTLK HOW: NCU failing with error -43

From: Jason M. Smith (smithja@cs.unc.edu)
Date: Wed Sep 06 2000 - 14:05:13 CDT

On Wed, 6 Sep 2000, Laurent Daudelin wrote:

> "Jason M. Smith" wrote:

> > If anyone can help with either of these problems, you'll have
> > my undying gratitude.
>
> Did you try getting rid of the prefs file? Do not trash it, but move it
> away, then try launching NCU. You might have a couple of settings to
> set, though. Nothing major.

        And that would give a 'file not found' error?

        Now that's just dumb.

> FYI, I'm also using NCU 1.0 on a B&W G3, connected to a ethernet hub, to
> which my 2100 is also connected using the Farallon PN895 card. I'm using
> Mac OS 9.0.4, though. I can backup without any problem.

        I have the 595 EtherWave, but it's worked up until now.

> When you say that the backup fails, how long after you start it does it
> fail? Is it failing always at the same place? Do you know what was being
> backed up when the error happened?

        It's immediate, nearly... the progress dialog pops up, with the
spinning bar indicating that it's trying to set things up, then it
disappears. A few seconds later, the error dialog appears.

        I'll try the prefs file move tonight. Thanks.

Jason Smith 353 Sitterson Hall
smithja@cs.unc.edu (919) 962-1821
                http://www.cs.unc.edu/~smithja/