NTLK Re: MacOS X?

From: Peter Curtis (lemur@mac.com)
Date: Sat Sep 02 2000 - 23:38:07 CDT

I'd strongly advise against shelling out oodles of cash for MetroWerks
CodeWarrior. The ProjectBuilder included in OS X is just as good, and (in
many, many ways) much better. And it's included. Free.

Also, as someone who's used DP4 for some time, I have to disagree with
Bill's suggestion that you ignore Cocoa. Cocoa is amazing. Following a small
tutorial, I created an exact replica of the SimpleText app, but with more
features (spellchecker!) using ELEVEN (11) lines of code. SimpleText took
over ten thousand in Traditional/Carbon Mac OS development, and several
hundred in REALBasic. Don't ignore Cocoa. Just don't.

- Peter