Re: NTLK repairing screen etc

From: Kenny Song (kensong@pc.jaring.my)
Date: Fri Sep 01 2000 - 09:52:05 CDT

On Fri, 1 Sep 2000 phil wrote:

-----------
>I gather that there is some sort of plastic film on top on the MP2k screen?
>Wondering how is it is to remove or replace? I'm desperate to remove this
>scratch!
Reminded me of the time I first got a scratch on my Newton's screen. It was an MP 120 and I desperately wanted to remove if too. I went as far as to try polish it off with a fine grade car polish. It worked on my CDs. Bad decison. It clouded up around the scratch and yes, it was still there.

My Newtons have never been without protection since. Put on a NuShield. It will help obscure the scratch and prevent new ones. Unless you're desperate enough to replace the entire screen!

Kenny Song
<Sent with Newton MP2100/SimpleMail/4.1.2>