NTLK Re: Pledge and Newt screens

From: Andy Pasulka (anp@imaxx.net)
Date: Fri Sep 01 2000 - 06:48:04 CDT

on 8/31/00 1:00 PM, David Daleke at daleked@indiana.edu wrote:

>> About a week ago I wiped my screen with a cloth that had Pledge furniture
>> polish (raspberry scented) on it...and all the small scratches disappeared,
>> including a smudged area where my Graffiti window opens.
>
> This is a trick that motorcyclists use to make the scratches disappear on
> plastic windscreens (works great!). I wasn't brave enough to try it on my
> Newt. Does anyone know if Pledge use will have any long-term effects? Is it
> safe to use on a Newt screen?

To further the investigation, will it prolong the useable life of a
NuShield/Barrier? I'm about to find out...

Also, anyone try one of those new 3M-brand microfiber dusting cloths? I
wiped my (filthy) glasses with a one on a store display, and was quite
impressed. It was like someone turned on all the lights! I'll prolly get one
of these and try it out on my little green pal. Alas, they're not
raspberry-scented....

ANP

--

Towards the insignificant (from Brian Eno's Oblique Strategies) Andy Pasulka www.imaxx.net/~anp/ anp@imaxx.net