Re: NTLK I want, i want, i want...

From: Marco Mailand (Marco.Mailand@psi.ch)
Date: Fri Sep 01 2000 - 02:13:30 CDT

Mister wrote:
....and I will chime in, claiming probably pretty much the same as others
will do. Sorry for these repeats...
> how many entries the internal memory of the device can hold... what
> would the estimate be for the a mp2000, for a mp2100...
Get big RAM cards, lets say twice 32MB and store your 100000 names
address base. It will probably work but the access speed will go down. I
have now about 1000+ names cards, some with small sketches of the map
and many cross linked with MoreInfo as well as log entries with many
cards (That is information which e-mails, faxes and calls have been made
to that names and when).

> how realistic is the possibility of connecting the newt to my cable
> modem with a ethernet card?
Lucky guy! You got a cable modem. Get a hub and a PN895 Ethernet card
with the 8USD light cable and enjoy surfing with up to 60kByte/sec (seen
in our T1 intranet). Works also with IPNetworkRouter from
http://www.sustworks.com and also accessing the internet thru LocalTalk.

> what is the top 'words per minute' of the handwriting recognition? I
> can overrun my palm even with it overclocked... :]
For very fast note taking you can use electronic ink and use the MP like
paper. Later you can translate the note "en-bloc" or word by word or you
can print out your Handwritten stuff. I personally like to use german
cursive HWR on my german MP2k1. Cursive writing is a way faster than
printing and anyway much faster than the Palms Graffiti. That's my
opinion from longer tests with a Palm III.

--

Regards / Viele Gruesse

Marco Mailand

http://www.psi.ch/SLS http://slsbd.psi.ch/timing *************************************** NewtonTalk brought to you by: