NTLK

From: mguzzo@harmac.com
Date: Mon Apr 24 2000 - 08:24:27 EDT

mcw" <mcw@wam.umd.edu> wrote:
> The Tandy was a great machine, the keyboard felt great, it was easier
> than you could imagine to use, and I still use certain communication
> tools from the Tandy with my Newton (namely, Laptap and QuickPort).

I had an Olivetti M10, which was the same as the tandy model 100 except for
the fact that the ROM was byte-shifted two words up (my friend has a model
100 and we disassembled and compared the ROMs). as a result any of the
software for the model 100 wouldn't run unless I rewrote the system calls
to the correct addresses. I just about memorized the system call locations
(there was a great book that documented the ROM, don't remember the title)
and wrote a lot of BASIC code to PEEK and POKE code patches. It had the
same processor (8085A) that we were learning asm programming on.

Michael Guzzo

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!