NTLK Re: WHERE: Newton Font For MAC OS

From: Randy Ransom (randysom@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Sun Apr 23 2000 - 13:15:49 EDT

Christian Matzerath <matze@uumail.de> wrote:
>is there anybody out there who has got a link to a site which has got the
>Newton font available for the MAC OS? I would like to write my text in
>this font when using my favourite text processor Nisus Writer.

Depends which font you're talking about. TrueType versions of the Casual
and Espy Sans fonts are available at www.scootergraphics.com, under the
names Nu Casual and Nu Sans respectively. If all you want is a bitmap
version of Espy Sans, it can be extracted from the Apple Guide by following
the steps below:

Open a copy of the Apple Guide in ResEdit.
Create a new ResEdit document.
Get info for the ResEdit document.
Set the type to "FFIL" and the creator to "DMOV".
Copy the FOND and NFNT resources from the Apple Guide to the ResEdit
document.
Open the FOND resources of the ResEdit document.
Get info for each, setting the names as follows:
9839: Espy Serif
9840: Espy Sans
9841: Espy Serif Bold
9842: Espy Sans Bold

It can also be found various places on the Web, including the AaronFont
extension (I don't remember who wrote this, and I no longer have a copy)
and I _think_ in Dave Brasgalla's latest eWorld pack, which can be found at
www.iconfactory.com.

Everyone here's been so helpful with my previous questions, I thought I'd
try and return the favor. Happy Easter!

-- Randy

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!