NTLK HOW to connect to a PC?

From: Charles Moran (cmoran@compuserve.com)
Date: Sun Apr 23 2000 - 12:47:35 EDT

Hello,

I am a new user of a Newton MessagePad and having difficulty connecting
with a PC to transfer data. There is connection software on the Newton for
DOS/Windows based PCs, and I have Newton Data Viewer (ndve.exe) running
under Windows 3.11 and set to Com2 - which is where my serial cable is
connected, but the PC doesn't appear to be receiving a signal. Is this a
problem of com port settings (data bits, parity, etc.) or perhaps something
else?

Charlie Moran

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!