Re: NTLK MacOS for Newton

From: THX 1138 (bct1@thestate.infi.net)
Date: Fri Apr 21 2000 - 08:56:45 EDT

gavin @ hotmail (gavinhall@hotmail.com) quoth:

> I did a check on this package...and
> found its creator to be Apple Computer!

To the best of my fuzzy recollection, it that this package did indeed
originate form Apple, from the Newton group itself. It was at the time
when Steve Jobs was cleaning out all of Apple's closets. The Newton group
was being gutted after being pulled back into Apple, and this was done as a
bit of gallows pole humor. It's not meant to do anything, other than a
half-hearted attempt to bring the newton into the "new" Apple.

As usual, my information is probably wrong, and I don't remember where I
heard this but it was in the dark times of 1998.

Hope this clears/obscures things a bit more.

later,
ben.

bct1@thestate.infi.net
http://www.geocities.com/SoHo/Village/7593/newton.html

"Was that the end?"
"You call that an ending with practically everyone still on their feet? My
goodness no, over your dead body."
        -Tom Stoppard "Rosencrantz and Guilderstein are Dead"

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!