RE: NTLK abcnews.com article

From: mcw (mcw@wam.umd.edu)
Date: Thu Apr 20 2000 - 11:33:01 EDT

>>Tandy 100, the world's first laptop from 1983.

I thought I'd add something in here, because I moved from the Tandy to
the Newton a while back. I have a web page about my Tandy experiences,
for those interested in reading such things. The Keep It Simple,
Stupid attitude is what makes the Newton so great, in my mind. Still,
I wouldn't have moved to the Newton had I had enough memory on the
Tandy. Only 24k (or 32k if you were lucky), though people have done
some amazing things with that.

Anyway, for those interested in reading a bit about it, click on
http://www.wam.umd.edu/~mcw/pooter/m100intro.htm for a more detailed
and self-centered view of the whole thing.

The Tandy was a great machine, the keyboard felt great, it was easier
than you could imagine to use, and I still use certain communication
tools from the Tandy with my Newton (namely, Laptap and QuickPort).

Oh, and it was designed by none other than Bill Gates. Curious tidbit,
that.

michael

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!