NTLK Re:MP2100 HWR troubles - when writing quickly

From: markr13 (markr13@voicenet.com)
Date: Wed Apr 19 2000 - 22:22:03 EDT

>Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2000 17:26:14 -0700
>From: Rich Dean <rdean@organic.com>
>To: newtontalk@planetnewton.com
>Subject: MP2100 HWR troubles - when writing quickly

>Friend of mine has a 2100. When writing quickly (sometimes even when
>writing slowly) in Notes or Works, an odd thing starts to happen. The
>Newton loses the ability to track with the writing, turning the words
>he has written into very squiggly lines. I'm not talking about the
>converted text, I am referring to the words he writes with the pen
>before they are converted.

>Your assistance in solving this problem and retaining my friend as a
>Newton user (he's ready to sell the thing, and its only been a
>month!) is *greatly* appreciated.
>
>Rich
>---
>Rich Dean
>Associate Creative Director
>Organic
>http://www.organic.com/
>415-365-5542

You're friend may have the dreaded "squiggles" problem where input on the
screen is misread. This is most often caused by dirt that gets trapped
between the screen and the case causing false input to be read. The
solution is to take a business card or, even better, a thin piece of
plastic and run it between the screen and the case all the way around the
PDA trying to dislodge and remove any trapped grit. This has solved the
problem for many. To prevent this in the future, a good screen protector
helps.

Mark Ross
markr13@voicenet.com

Need a Screen Protector to keep your Newton in tip top shape?
Go to <http://www.NuShield.net> for NuShield screen protectors.
Don't leave your Newt Naked!

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!