Re: NTLK PowerNote?

From: Alexander W. Hertzog (newton_nicodemus@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Apr 19 2000 - 18:31:40 EDT

on 4/19/00 5:19 PM, JForsterMD@aol.com at JForsterMD@aol.com wrote:

> I enjoyed the pictures. Someone certainly went to a lot of trouble. I can only
> assume that someone, somewhere tried to make a Mac "WINCE" like machine. The
> pictures go to a lot of trouble trying to prove that it exists. I wonder
> whether it was a big hoax. I do not know whether I would want it. It would
> still probably take 2 minutes to boot, etc. jf

A while back I wrote a Mac OS -like interface for the HP 48 calculator with
list view windows with icons and columns for different file stats and so on.
Wish I still had it. It was slow as hell but fun. :) It's an outside chance,
but that may have been what someone did for that MacOS on newton thing. As
for the Powernote, I'm more inclined to think that it's an Apple prototype
rather than a windows machine tricked up to look like an apple product
simply because of the lack of a Pc-type pointing device (eg those pencil
erasers). Whatever it is, I want one. :)

Alex

http://im.yahoo.com

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!