NTLK MP2100 HWR troubles - when writing quickly

From: Rich Dean (rdean@organic.com)
Date: Tue Apr 18 2000 - 20:26:14 EDT

Hello again (thanks to all who offered help with my converting CSV problem!)

Friend of mine has a 2100. When writing quickly (sometimes even when
writing slowly) in Notes or Works, an odd thing starts to happen. The
Newton loses the ability to track with the writing, turning the words
he has written into very squiggly lines. I'm not talking about the
converted text, I am referring to the words he writes with the pen
before they are converted.

I've adjusted the HWR pref's -- and this may well be the issue -- but
changing them does not seem to affect things. That is, changing the
slip to say "transform after a delay" has no discernable effect.
Handwriting is still converted immediately.

I've tried resetting the Newton using the button on the back, but
I've not tried a deep reset or anything radical.

My personal 2000 (upgraded to 2100) runs the same OS (2.1 and has
the same memory free, etc (4MB system RAM, 1544K used on the
internal store, 1979 available) and does not have the same problem.

There's a partial solution, which is to write more slowly, but it
works only sometimes and doesn't quite satisfy my need to know what's
really happening/wrong.

Your assistance in solving this problem and retaining my friend as a
Newton user (he's ready to sell the thing, and its only been a
month!) is *greatly* appreciated.

Rich

---
Rich Dean
Associate Creative Director
Organic
http://www.organic.com/
415-365-5542

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the Internet. Visit EVOTE.COM for all the latest news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!