Re: NTLK PowerNote? Joke? New Sub-portable? Old Sub-portable?

From: Alexander W. Hertzog (newton_nicodemus@yahoo.com)
Date: Tue Apr 18 2000 - 18:27:16 EDT

on 4/18/00 5:12 PM, Ed Kummel at tech_ed@yahoo.com wrote:

> If you look closely at the start-up screen, you will
> see that it is labled as MacOS, with a progress bar on
> it...This is an 8.x + feature.

7.5 and up actually. The screen shots are definitely between 7.5 and 7.6
(scroll bars, help menu icon, etc) and I'd say 7.6 because of the face
splash screen.

> But if you look at the image of the finder, you will
> notice that the scroll bars indicate a pre-9.x OS
> It could verywell be a stripped down OS with
> capabilities of several different OS's...
> Anyone perform a search on Apple's site on this
> machine?

Nada. Wish this one had come to market. I'd have been all over it. Looks
like this might have been intended for Asian markets thought. The page is
probably in Japanese, and in some of the screen shots you can see dialog box
text and the labels on the keys, and it's all in some Asian language.

All I have to say is I want one!

Alex

http://im.yahoo.com

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the