NTLK Ntlk Messagepad 2100 for sale :-(

From: Nancy Ghazar (nghazar@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Apr 17 2000 - 16:28:39 EDT

Hi everyone!

I'm the proud but saddened owner of a Messagepad 2100. I'm in the process
of moving provinces and unfortunately for me, my Newton got the short straw
and won't be moving with me. I'm looking to sell it, and I thought I'd
first try selling it to someone who will appreciate it for the incredible
tool that it is (in other words, a NewtonTalker), before throwing it out to
everyone else.

It's an original Messagepad 2100 (not a 2000 upgrade) and it is in excellent
condition. There are no scratches on the screen, as I've used Writerights
since day one. The case plastics are also in top condition. It comes in
the original box, with all documentation, and floppies for NCU for Windows
and Macintosh; one interconnect adapter and cables for connecting the MP to
a Windows or Macintosh system; five or six Writerights; a 4MB flash card;
one MP2100 rechargable battery; the usual 9W AC adapter; and a 14.4k
Megahertz xjack PCMCIA modem. I unfortunately don't have the original CD,
but the versions of the software that it contained are older than what is
currently available from various online sources. The MP comes with one more
year of an extended two year Applecare warranty contract (ends in April of
2001). This warranty contract is definitely transferrable and upon setting
up the sale and recieving payment, I'll notify Apple of the buyer's name and
address. They will send the buyer a revised contract shortly thereafter.

Considering the going market price of MP2100's these days (around $600 US or
so, it seems), the excellent condition of the one I'm selling, and the cost
of the extras that are included (flash card, modem, and one remaining year
extended warranty), I'm asking $725 for the whole package, + shipping. I
prefer recieving bank money orders for transactions like this.

Any interested parties can contact me at nghazar@hotmail.com.

Thanks again and happy MP'ing!
Nancy Ghazar

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the