NTLK wiping mp2k system update

From: Bill Moser (guillermo1967@hotmail.com)
Date: Sat Apr 15 2000 - 14:19:17 EDT

>>Recent answer to the same question from Paul Guyot (and Paul Filmer, I
>>think
even the TIL is sometimes wrong)

"There are three methods to revert to a previous system update:
(a) use a special package that removes the current one, and install a new
one.
(b) install a system update with a lower code, and install over it the new
one.
(c) install a modified system update which installs whatever the code is."<<

Got a lot of replys on this, so let's clear up a few things:
1) I tried reinstalling 717260 over the existing patch...no go. It says the
patch currently installed is more recent and the older one
won't be installed.
2) I tried resetting with the reset button in back, and holding down
the power button, which brings up the "erase all data" dialog. I wiped
and restored all internal information (except system info), and the patch
survived. Even when the internal memory was empty, the patch was
still there.

I had a 120 a while back, and I seem to recall that one of my Newtons
simply forgot the system patch if the batteries were all pulled out...
must have been the 120. Anyway, I'll try the 4 or 5 restarts method.

Thanks!
Bill M.

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!