Re: NTLK NEWS-URLs

From: Steve Weyer (sweyer@bellatlantic.net)
Date: Sat Apr 15 2000 - 07:22:23 EDT

-----Original Message-----
>Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 15:08:51 +0200 (MEST)
>From: Andreas Tiedemann <an-ti@gmx.net>
>
>Newton/NewtsCape specific
>€Hoe do youschedule? I have version 1.5 which was on my MP130 when I bouht
>it. I backed it up and did't use it. Now I have put it on again and tryed
>to figure out how to schedule. Is that possible with 1.5? I really don't
have
>the money to purchase the current version...
>€Does it make sense to do things like that on a MP130 anyway? I have no
>card and my internal is quite full. How much space does an "average" news
site
>take? I could just keep it on one site everyday and delete after reading...

I don't think that the 1.5(version includes the Scheduling feature.
I think that 2.0r2 does basic scheduling of individual pages (check the docs
first) -- and there's a public eval version available on my web site if
you'd like to try it. Being able to "autolink" (automatically download links
to 1 or more levels on scheduled pages) is available in a later version
(only for registered users currently, until I get around to cleaning up the
docs a little, and making a new public version available).

you do need to be concerned about Internal space on MP130. some news pages
might have expiration dates, and you could set the Newt's Cape cache to keep
things small, but temporarily things can still expand.

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!