NTLK Re: Importing Names from a CSV file

From: Matt Howe (matthowe@tir.com)
Date: Sat Apr 15 2000 - 00:47:39 EDT

Rich Dean wrote:

Hello All...

Any advice on how to import my company's phone directory (which is
available in a CSV file as well as a ABA file) into my Newton? I
have RCU but can't seem to get it to work (it says template will not
work with this application). Any ideas? I'm willing to buy some
converter/connection software if I have to! :-)

Thanks!

Rich

I would recommend using NCU to import the CSV file. If need be you could
import it into Excel or Access and rearrange it to match the CSV dump from
names. It should not be too difficult. I dumped from my old Royal organizer
to my Newton when I got it by a similar process. If you need or want help
I'd be happy to assist. You can contact me directly or via the list. Once
done you should post a message outlining how it was accomplished for others
in the future.

Matt "Ducky" Howe
matthowe@tir.com
www.tir.com/~matthowe