NTLK Re: Paypal.com

From: Mike O'Brien (obrien@leonardo.net)
Date: Thu Apr 13 2000 - 21:30:53 EDT

 Peter Apockotos says:

> I writing this to encourage this newton group to write to paypal.com
> to make a newton version of there payment application, currently only
> available on the web or with a Palm or Handspring unit.

        People should be aware, before using Paypal.com, that in doing so
they give up one of the chief benefits of using a credit card: getting
the card issuer to grant a refund upon non-performance of the payee.
You explicitly give up that right under the Paypal.com agreement. If you
do get the card issuer to grant a refund, they'll turn right around and
charge your card again.

        You might as well send cash through the mail as use Paypal.com.
You're equally likely to get your money back if you send it to a cheat.

        Use i-escrow instead.

Mike O'Brien

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!