RE: NTLK Dell Crossword Card question

From: Don Levick, M.D. (donlevick@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Apr 13 2000 - 19:41:23 EDT

A recently purchased a Dell Crossword card from a posting on Info-Newt. I'm
using it in my upgraded MP2000. When I remove my 8MB card (which only has
games on it), I get the following message,
"Card is locked and formatted for a different language. To update it, remove
the card, unlock it, then reinsert the card"

The card is read only, and there is no lock tab. If I click ok, the card
appears to load. The packages appear in the Extras drawer, but when I tap on
one, the program begins to load (I get the splash screen, but the following
message occurs
"Sorry a problem occurred (-48200)"

The Newton stays stuck on the splash screen, but the program won't start. I
can close the program with the close box. I have tried the card in both
slots, after a reset, with other packages not loading (holding the stylus
0.5" from the edge of the screen on startup) and it continues to occur.
Interestingly, the card works fine on my backup MP2100 (which I am holding
in reserve in case my original dies or breaks).

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. by the way, when I play it on
the MP2100 - it's a great program (cryptograms, crosswords, word searches).

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!