RE: NTLK Memory and Heaps [long] (was .

From: Woo Lee (vitcitylb@earthlink.net)
Date: Thu Apr 13 2000 - 08:29:00 EDT

Hey Paul,

If I remember correctly, the Newton OS stores info. in 8K chunks.

Therefore an 3.7K email will look like a used 8K block, is this correct?

I get a -10607 error(store is full) when I have over 1000 emails(ave. size 7K, total email storage used=9,462K), but still 2905K available on my 32 meg. card.
Internal is 2,438K used, 1,085K free.
>Like any other computer, the Newton uses four kind of memory (corresponding
>to their usage).

!ooW %-)

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!