NTLK Urgent

From: Esposito, Philip (Philip.Esposito@pmg-awwc.com)
Date: Wed Apr 12 2000 - 09:12:50 EDT

I work for a company that uses Newtons. I am trying to find if
there exists a 56k modem that runs on both the Newton OS and Windows, does
NOT use software support and has an XJack connection (no cables or dongles).
(Basically, exactly like the old Hayes Optima 336). I was wondering if
anyone knew if such a modem existed.

In lieu of this, I was also wondering where and what kind of modems (of any
megahertz between 28.8 and 56k and are XJacks with no supporting software
and no cables) Newton users can still get. We have hundreds of Newtons and
are having a hard time finding modem replacements. (Hayes Optima, Megahertz
Gold Series and CruiseCard are no longer made--as are many, many others).

I have scoured a number of web sites: http://www.hayesmicro.com
http://www.hayes.com http://modems.rosenet.net and a bunch of Newton web
sites (from which I have gathered lists of modems but most are no longer
made--the others don't fit our needs). I have even called 3Com (they
weren't all that knowledgeable--when I mentioned Newton--they asked if it
was a laptop or palm type).

So, I was hoping someone could help me.
 thanks,
Philip Esposito