NTLK Re: Help: Pretec Card Problem

From: James Simons (jesimons@bigplanet.com)
Date: Mon Apr 10 2000 - 23:38:54 EDT

I think that this applies to 5v/5v (low voltage) cards, mainly.. as when the
card(s) are searched in the slots that they get zapped with a 12v pop.. I
have heard that this happens, and can *possibly* damage cards..

I don't think that the "damage" that is done is from corruption, per se.. I
think it is damage to the ram in the card itself..

Jim..

>>Now what to do, the card is not protected but the Newton insist it is. I =
>>want to reformat the card, but how.

>Dr. Tewfik,

>I hope you have not encountered the same failure I did some time ago.

>Apparently it is possible for a PC Card to become so badly corrupted
>that it is effectively destroyed. The technical explanation eludes
>me, but I have heard the phrase "tuples" in connection with this
>irreversible corruption.

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!