Re: NTLK Re: Wireless Network(Proxim Question)

From: Victor Rehorst (vrehorst@newted.dyndns.org)
Date: Sun Apr 09 2000 - 12:12:57 EDT

On Sat, 8 Apr 2000, Thomas McCain wrote:

> To the member who mentioned using Proxim Symphony equioment,
>
> I accidently deleted the message that was sent from the member who said
> they were using Proxim wireless equipment, so I'm not sure who it was. Did
> I read it correctly, are you using a Proxim SYMPHONY PCMIA card with the
> RangeLan Newton Driver? I was unaware that this driver worked for that
> card, it is MUCH less expensive than the RangeLan! Which ethernet bridge
> are you using? Could you give a little more info on how well it performs?

It is stated on Proxim's page that the Symphony line and the RangeLAN2
line are compatiable, I'd never have thought that the cards were
identical! I was going to look into getting some RangeLAN2 hardware this
summer but if Symphony also works then I think I'll look into that instead
- much much cheaper.

-Victor Rehorst - victor@eddie.cis.uoguelph.ca | vrehorst@newted.dyndns.org-
--------President, Computer Science Club of the University of Guelph--------
-------Homepage & Newton stuff: http://eddie.cis.uoguelph.ca/~victor/-------