Re: NTLK Looking for a PIM, Lotus Org. for now, still trying to get Act to work.

From: Drew Loker (lokerd@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Apr 07 2000 - 14:28:11 EDT

Doppler said:

>dont forget to backup the claris organiser profile file before synching the
first 10 times or so before youve learnt how the synch prefs in NCU work, as
you may overwrite useful info. once youve learnt it, its quite easy to back
up the newt. make an alias from the file you want to synch in your NCU
backups folder, and off you go! warks fine for me ...
<

I am sorry for being dense, but I am right in the middle of trying to get my
sync working and I don't really understand the above instructions. I am
using Lotus Organizer for PC, and am impressed with it so far. I have
successfully gotten the info from my Newton to the PC. Everything came over
ok except for in my Notes files. It appears to only have brought over the
items the the unfiled box. All of my other folders did not transfer.

Anyway, I want to try to reexport the info back on to the Newton, but I am
nervous because I am not sure how the info is going to line up. I am only
really concerned about my Names file right now as I want to export all of
the names, delete the names soup to see if I can get Act to work (still
getting an error when "Normalizing Names". Argh!!

Thanks!
Drew

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!