Re: NTLK new NCU version!

From: Leland Jory (ljory@newted.dyndns.org)
Date: Fri Apr 07 2000 - 14:02:30 EDT

> I just edited the executables (nothing terribly clever I know). I was
> actually trying to get a connection speed of 230400 but NCU wasn't having
> any of it (PC version, haven't tried Mac yet). I can get NCU to run with
> that setting but it won't connect? Strange?
>
> On the PC I could write a small program to patch the existing NCU.exe but
> don't have the facilities to write Mac software :-(
>
> I'll stick a PC patch program on my website and just detail the byte
offsets
> for the Mac hack.

When you hacked the Mac version, what did you use? Is this a resource hack
(a la ResEdit) or a code hack? With the right tools and some instructions,
I'd be willing to do the hack myself (don't know 'bout writing a patch, tho.
A little out of my bailiwick, I'm afraid).

Leland Jory
"Newton users swear by their PDAs. WinCE users swear AT their PDAs."

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!