NTLK 2100 memory heaps and storage

From: Gavin Hall (gavinhall@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Apr 05 2000 - 22:40:32 EDT

Hi there, this is in response to the recent talk about the confusion over
heap size (like ram) and the 2100. Someone was saying that he still had a
very low heap size even though he had un upgraded MP2K.
Well though he was mistaken and didn't have an upgraded one, I can relate to
what's been happening.

You see, I just got a spanking new 2100 and was disappointed when Avi's
Backdrop reflected something like just 120000 - 170000 K, no matter what I
did. I tried freezing packages, deleting them and even removed my memory
flash cards - didn't help.

But what did help was when I realized that the system software for my 2100
was not the most updated one (I think it was 717006 or something)...on
upgrading it to the new 710031 version, Avi's instantly presented me with
around 380000 K !!!!!

Just thought I share that with other 2100 owners.

Gavin Hall

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!