Re: NTLK interesting DashBoard script

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin@fanniemae.com)
Date: Tue Apr 04 2000 - 15:03:15 EDT

Gert Menke wrote:

> hi,
>
> > I wanted this thing since a long time: A DB script to speak the
> > highlighted text:
> > local t := GetHilitedTextItems();
> > foreach item in t do
> > PlaySound(item);
> THat's great, thanx;
> but when I do this and have no text selected, I get an error.
> I would rather like the script simply to do nothing in that case.
> How can I do that?

I wish I could help, but I can't find any reference to this
"GetHilitedTextItems" function in the Newton Programming Reference.
I would make a guess that this function probably returns an array. So,
here is how I would do it::

local t := GetHilitedTextItems();
if Length(t) > 0 then
    foreach item in t do
        PlaySound(item);

I've tried running that code and, sure enough, I'm getting an exception
because the OS doesn't recognize the GetHilitedTextItems function. Are
you sure that there isn't a typo???

-Laurent.
Laurent Daudelin
Developer, Adaptive Infrastructure, CIS Fannie Mae
Phone: 703-833-4266 mailto:Laurent_Daudelin@fanniemae.com
           ********** Usual disclaimers apply **********

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!