NTLK Cool software

From: Khaled Tewfik (khaledt@mac.com)
Date: Tue Apr 04 2000 - 12:06:27 EDT

Hi,
I was digging through my mail draft folder and found this. It was intended
as a contribution to a thread about cool software that was on the list some
time ago. So here it is though some what late,....ok, really late, but still
fun.

Enjoy------------>

Hi,
I would like to add to the list of small and cool software posted here
before.

One of my cool packages is One of my cool apps is "Say Time." I normally set
it to say time on switch on. This way, whenever I wake up by night and need
to know what
time it is, I simply reach for the Newton beside me on the night stand and
presto. I do not even have to open my eye or turn the light on and am
immediately back to sleep.

Also , Say Time is always a good intro to Newton first time on lookers. I
hand them the Newton to them and invite them to turn it on, and hello, the
Newton speaks the time., and before they know it I demonstrate text to
speech "oh wait, it
is not a pre programmed trick, it really speaks," then I follow with the
hand writing recognition (and you have to see how ugly my hand writing is to
even more admire the Newton). So it is like one, two, and POW, knock out,
the Newton wins, it is that easy.

Now, I think I will be adding to the above scenario. If ever I am in the
presence of a Palm and WinCE user. I will exchange cards with the Palm user
and then innocently look at him and the WinCE guy and say, "now, your turn,"
that should feel good, was that under the belt :)

Newton continues to amaze....

Salam.,

Khaled Tewfik,
Saudi Arabia