NTLK The need for synching and the Newton

From: Chris Browne (irie@attglobal.net)
Date: Sun Apr 02 2000 - 08:10:02 EDT

I was interested to see the different points of view and surprised and
disappointed at the lack of response to Brad's inquiry about an Outlook
synch application.

IMHO the need is for an application which synchs with groupware calendars
etc. For personal (ie non-networked) use, I am one of those who cannot see
why a Newton user would use anything but the Newton itself. The frustration
od using a Newton in an office is the need to pass my scheduling infomation
to my secretary and others. Like many offices, mine now uses Outlook (and
formerly used Schedule+). Hence the need for synching. There must be many
others who have a similar need (or have you all been forced to abandon your
Newtons because you couldn't do this and left the list?)

The single exception to my lack of interest in synching to anything but the
group scheduler used by my office is the Palm Desktop. I export all of my
information to this every so often. If anything happens to my Newton, my
data will be readable on my Mac and exportable easily to a Palm device. It
is fortunate that Palm adopted Claris Organizer for its latest Mac desktop
so that this is possible but it does not meet the needs of office workers.

--
Chris Browne
Auckland, New Zealand

****************************************** This NewtonTalk Message brought to you by:

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the Internet. Visit EVOTE.COM for all the latest news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!