Re: NTLK Wireless ethernet bummer!

From: gopi@sloth.org
Date: Sun Apr 02 2000 - 00:37:38 EST

On Sat, 1 Apr 2000, Thomas McCain wrote:

> Looks like the guy in Japan http://homepage1.nifty.com/driver/ who was
> writing drivers for Newton has closed up shop. Anyone else have the
> know-how to take up the 802.11 ethernet driver cause?

Well, I have the NetBSD WaveLAN drivers, and am reading through and
understanding the protocols involved, though it is rather tedious. I also
have source code and a sample framework for Ethernet drivers.

I don't currently own a WaveLAN card, but I am hoping to borrow a friend's
card soon and test out a bit so far, to see if it correctly resets the
card.

So, yes, I am actively working on such a beast, and will keep people
informed of progress. It will almost definitely be an open source
thing...

gopi.

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!