Re: NTLK alt.rec.... hang problem: more infos

From: Paul Guyot (pguyot@pnm-consulting.com)
Date: Sat Apr 01 2000 - 10:38:25 EST

À (At) 20:36 +0800 1/04/00, Kenneth Wong écrivait (wrote) :
>Problem has been solved. Switch your recognizer to PRINTED and not CURSIVE.
>If you look at alt.rec... it's a HWR enhancement for PRINTED recognition.
>It's working fine for me now :)

Well, before we replace the recognizer, I wish it could work with both
recognizer. It is true that recognition itself is more improved with
printed recognizer (because improvement is mostly based on dictionary), but
the utilities (expansions, spell check, etc...) can be used for both.
Besides, I planned to re-order strokes from coordinates instead of time
which can help with ParaGraph: ParaGraph considers strokes in the order of
the time. (try by writing olleh from right to left, you'll get olleh with
ParaGraph, hello with Rosetta).

Regards,

Paul

----
P&M Consulting Newton Program
http://www.pnm-consulting.com/newton/

****************************************** This NewtonTalk Message brought to you by:

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the Internet. Visit EVOTE.COM for all the latest news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!