Re: NTLK Re : The Newton's Sucessor

From: Ed Kummel (tech_ed@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Mar 31 2000 - 17:23:17 EST

Hmmm, I went to find out more information on this and
if you go to:
http://www.pixsolution.com/install2k.html
you will see in step 10, you have to remove the
crystal on the Newt and bring the xtal trigger onto
the Implant 2000 board. Since there is no processor on
the Implant 2000 board, but there are two xtals and
what looks to be some buffer chips, I would assume
that this board performs an over-clock on the existing
processor using one xtal and then reverts to original
clock specs to maintain compatibility with the second
xtal. The other chips look like buffers for the speed
increase.
So, the board is basically an overclock board with a
fallback capability!
Ed
web/gadget guru