Re: NTLK Repair Report: Broken Screen

From: charlie allom (charlie@rubberduck.com)
Date: Fri Mar 31 2000 - 01:39:58 EST

on 31/3/2000 7:45 AM, Rick Berry at rick_berry@carry-safe.com wrote:

> I'd included a note in the box asking that they replace the little grippers
> which hold the door back (which fell out not long after I got the thing, more
> on this later) and return the broken part for inspection.
>
> THEY ACTUALLY DID IT!

no one seems to have any faith that Apple is run by humans =)

> Below the screen, visible between and behind "Names" and "Dates" is a dark
> smudge,

is it a smudge or more of just a darkening of the backlight...? my last 2nd
hand 2100-u had a neat backlight. perfect, but when i bought my brand new
2100 the backlight is dark around the whole edge. i can't figure it out.

but let me assure you a lot of people have it.

does anyone know what this is anyway? is it fixable, loosening/tightening
some screws on the backlight?

- charlie.

--
charlie@rubberduck.com
Melbourne, Australia

****************************************** This NewtonTalk Message brought to you by:

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the Internet. Visit EVOTE.COM for all the latest news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!