NTLK Re: New Apple PDA?

From: Stainless Steel Rat (ratinox@peorth.gweep.net)
Date: Thu Mar 30 2000 - 20:08:30 EST

* David Arnold <arnold@dstc.edu.au> on Wed, 29 Mar 2000
| but the real issues are quite unrelated to the OS, i think. the user
| interface and storage architecture of the newton are ideal for its
| application as a PDA, but far less suited for desktop use.

Development environments have nothing to do with the OS. Physical memory
limitations have nothing to do with the OS. Most of what you say is
"wrong" with Intelligence on the desktop has nothing whatsoever to do with
the OS. Sure, a threaded NewtonScript interpreter would be a Nice Thing to
have, but it is not a requirement for an interactive system. People have
used "single-tasking" operating systems for 50 years without problems.

And I still think that had Intelligence been given half a chance, it would
be what Sun had hoped Java would become.

--
Rat <ratinox@peorth.gweep.net>    \ Happy Fun Ball may stick to certain types
Minion of Nathan - Nathan says Hi! \ of skin.

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the Internet. Visit EVOTE.COM for all the latest news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!