Re: NTLK getting items OUT (was AvailWorksvs.NewtonWorkswith... )

From: Brian McEwen (brian@bmcewen.cvm.okstate.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 30 2000 - 18:30:34 EST

>Thanks for the replies. If I get things working, I'll let you know.
>
>If you care to mention model #s of printers you HAVE had success with, I'll
>seek them out if possible.

Hee Hee! (dignified exhortation :)

Th "old" GDT powercable works great where the new Infowave one did not.
I can actually print ot the laser printer (Brother HL-1250) in the office
from the Newt!

I am very pleased.

I brought in my little old laptop and for that, I did have to use the new
Infowave cable, the old GDT one did NOT work, even though it's the same
broher printer.

Way cool. This will help out the viability of the Newt a LOT.

thanks Laurent and others who replied on this thread. It really was the
difference between the old and new powerprint cables.

Next project, to get IPNetrouter going, and provide PPP to the MP130 over
the keyspan serial- I'm fairly certain it will work just fine, I want to be
sure I'm not going to mess up my SMTP and ftpd though.

Brian

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!