NTLK Re: Outlook for Mac [Was: FS: MessagePad 2100 + ext.]

From: Grant [Thawing Lawn] Hutchinson (grant@splorp.com)
Date: Wed Mar 29 2000 - 23:17:34 EST

Bradley Smith typed:

>Can anyone tell us a. is Outlook available on a Mac, b. Is it
>like the Windows version and c. Do Mac people actually use it?

There are two versions of Outlook on the Mac. There is Outlook Express,
which is the free email and newsgroup client. I know a ton of people that
use this client, mainly because of the fact that it comes bundled with
Explorer and that it's free. And there is the full-blown Outlook version
as well. The full Outlook is not sold as a separate product or bundled
with Office for the Mac (who knows why not) but does seem to have a
reasonably on-par feature set when compared with Windows Outlook 98. Our
company is installing Outlook enterprise-wide, because of the task
management and scheduling capabilities built into the full client.

The Mac Outlook 8.2.1 client and information can be found here:

ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/bussys/exchange/exchange-public/fixes/Eng/Exchg5.5/
sp3/mac/

The read me file is here:

http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q255/5/08.ASP

Grant

Isn't it time you visited the grantcam? Fresh streaming video is
served each day from a vintage Macintosh. Rock steady since 1996.

http://www.splorp.com/

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!