Re: NTLK PROBLEM : Can anyone help with Emate difficulty?

From: Marco Mailand (mmailand@newted.dyndns.org)
Date: Wed Mar 29 2000 - 18:14:49 EST

> I am a school teacher who has 16 eMates in school. One is causing problems
> - when I try to load Newtonworks - it tells me sorry an error has occurred
> and won't allow me to open it. Can anyone tell me if
> a) reinstalling the program would fix it? (if so how do I copy it - I tried
> doing a backup of another eMate but kept getting a connection error or can
> I get hold of newtonworks from somewhere)
> b) it would be easier to install another wordprocessor onto machine (if so
> what program and where do I get it?)
At first: I like the idea that you're teacher and using Newton Technology!
Keep the faith!
to a) YES. Your copy of Works might be corrupted by some incompatibilities
with other software or whatever else. It happend to me too and re-installing
solved the problem.
to b) NewtonWorks is very well adapted to the possibilities of the eMate.
Other writing programs might bring you, as teacher more troubles because you
have to know two instead of one program and you might lose to much time with
the other product. Better to concentrate on only one thing and use as much
features as possible, IMHO.

--
Best regards! / Viele Gruesse!

Marco Mailand http://www.dplanet.ch/users/roleto/welcome.html

****************************************** This NewtonTalk Message brought to you by:

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the Internet. Visit EVOTE.COM for all the latest news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!