NTLK Re: Freeze/Thaw sets

From: Robert Benschop (robertbenschop@bigfoot.com)
Date: Wed Mar 29 2000 - 04:22:29 EST

on 28-03-2000 23:12, mcw at mcw@wam.umd.edu wrote:

> "Here's one idea that I would find useful:
> "Write an extensions manager kind of application that would when
> tapped unfreeze a set of packages, and reboot the Newton. See: I
> don't always use my Ethernet card with my Newt, sometimes when I do I
> have to by hand unfreeze a bunch of things and reboot the Newt."
>
> This exists, for a price, in the form of Freezeman from Stand Alone
> Inc. It's got issues, I've learned (I'm in the demo period), but it's
> pretty powerful.

NewtCase comes with an app (Extensions Manager) that does this as well and
better than FreezeMan, I have quite a few apps from Standalone that I use
but I advice anybody to stay away from this particular one, I had quite a
few problems with it and judging from the thread om this list about this
quite a while ago I wasn't the only one.
BTW, NewtCase comes with a lot of other apps of which GestureLaunch is the
greatest IMHO, I'm just a enthusiast user.
BTW, for this specific use you can of course file your sets in a separate
folder of your Extras drawer and use the "ED select all" button (from
softwareburo Mueller ?) to freeze/thaw your sets quickly.

Robert Benschop

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!

Visit http://www.evote.com today!