Re: NTLK Wireless LAN... again

From: Laurent Daudelin (laurent_daudelin@fanniemae.com)
Date: Mon Mar 27 2000 - 11:31:58 EST

Thomas McCain wrote:

> I'm a complete programming novice so sorry if this is completely stupid...
> but has anyone used ViewFrame or something to look at and modify the code
> for the DaynaComm CommuniCard Roamer for Newton package. The DaynaComm
> Roamer was an IEEE 802.11 compliant device if I'm not mistaken. Maybe this
> package could be hacked to work with one of the new wireless PCMIA AirPort
> compatible cards?

I haven't used ViewFrame to modify drivers and such, but I've been using it to
experiment in altering the behavior of some applications. I would think that,
to some extent, you should be able to do the same, until you come upon some
C++ code or NewtonScript functions that have been compiled natively for a
specific ARM processor. That might explains why somebody else in this thread
said he was using the driver in his MP120, but wasn't able to use it on his
2100. That would mean that some part of the driver was compiled natively for
the ARM 610 (IIRC) that is the heart of the OMP, 100, 110, 120 and 130, but
not in the eMate/MP2000/MP2100.

-Laurent.
Laurent Daudelin
Developer, Adaptive Infrastructure, CIS Fannie Mae
Phone: 703-833-4266 mailto:Laurent_Daudelin@fanniemae.com
           ********** Usual disclaimers apply **********

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!