Re: NTLK Newtons at Disney

From: John_C_James@dot.ca.gov
Date: Mon Mar 27 2000 - 18:03:44 EST

Yes. I was at DisneyWorld in October and I was interviewed by someone that
had a 2000 with the cover removed. They had them all over the park. All
the ones I saw had backlit screens so they were 2000 or 2100's I guess.

The reason I was in Orlando was for an American Public Transit Association
(APTA) conference. There were 25,000 people in attendance plus 4,500
vendors staff. The majority of vendors that were scanning business cards
were using Newtons for that activity. Apparently a company in Van Nuys or
Ventura California makes the software and hardware for scanning business
cards into the Newton. At a number of convention centers, Orland and
Oakland, you can rent the units from the convention services group.

Also, at the Orlando conference, iMacs were very visible in the private
sector vendor booths.

"Lairson, David L" <David.Lairson@nav-international.com> on 03/27/2000
02:33:40 PM

Please respond to newtontalk@planetnewton.com