AvailWorks vs. NewtonWorks with Draw, etc. (was NTLK MOD/QFWorks...)

From: Drew Loker (lokerd@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Mar 28 2000 - 01:58:26 EST

Hello. I have been wondering about these two apps. AvailWorks came with a
Newton I purchased (I am not even sure which one). I have never really used
it and have wanted to just delete it, but it seems useful. One thing I do
like about it is the way it works like PageMaker in the fact that you can
create text and object elements that can easily be moved around. I also
really like the fact that you can "Fit to Screen" to see the "Whole Page"
with out having to go to the Print Preview, etc.

Then I just read the a post under the NTLK MOD/QFWorks... topic that
Availworks was for the older Newtons. So this got me back to thinking if I
should just toss it. I mean really, if I am going to layout a page, I will
use my laptop that is with me 90% of the time (even if the Newton is with me
99%, the laptop is easier!). I do use Works occasionally for working on
rough drafts of papers, etc.

Anyway, I just thought I would see what some of you guys thought about these
two programs. Do you keep both around? Is there a way to get NewtDraw to
show a "Fit to Screen" where you can still move things around on the screen?
Am I missing something about one or the other? Etc.?

Thanks for any feed back!
Drew

EVOTE.COM, the ESPN of Politics on the
news on Campaign 2000!